Hi friends, and Happy Summer! This is and will always be my favorite season. I love the clothing, sandals, tan skin, outdoor eating/drinking, AND all the delicious fruits and veggies that are oh so ripe! I rarely have time to do extra food shopping in my life, and this recipe is always quick, easy and Festive with ingredients that I almost always have regularly in my kitchen. If I get a quick invite somewhere and want to bring an appetizer, this is my go to dish. Got to love simplicity! Pico de Gallo is one of my favorite appetizers, snacks, side dishes, basically anytime food. Tomatoes are super juicy and delicious right now, and if I could marry and avocado, I would haha :) Put these babies together plus the other wonderful veggies and you have a yummy side dish, plus the bright colors of Pico look great!! I originally tried this recipe from a Farmer's Market and fell in Love. I sat with my sisters and we tried to identify each and every flavor to obtain an ingredient list. It is definitely different from typical Pico recipes since it includes olive oil and garlic salt and does not call for jalapeños. After playing around with the measurements I think we finally mastered this recipe. Hope you love it as much as we do.
- 2 Avocados cut into squares ( watch this Excellent HOW TO video)
- 4 Plum Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1 quarter of a White or Red Onion, chopped into squares
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- Favorite chips for dipping
- Mix all ingredients together (except lime juice) in a large bowl, adding avocado last to avoid smushing.
- Cut lime in half and squeeze the juice of 1 half into the pico. Mix well and taste. If you want it to taste more lime flavored or tangy then add the juice of the second half.
- If vegetables are not already cool then re-fridgerate 30 minutes before serving. (its best to serve soon after preparation to ensure Avocados do not brown)
- Serve with whatever type of chip, or cracker you prefer, and enjoy!